Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Chicago (Flexible), IL United States
Social Science Discipline Specialist- Central U.S.|
W. W. Norton is seeking an Institutional Sales Specialist to join its college department. The primary duties of the institutional sales specialist will be to assist Norton’s college sales reps in winning competitive adoptions where Inclusive Access programs are being considered and to promote Norton’s college titles within the career-college market. The institutional sales specialist will also have the opportunity to influence marketing campaigns and strategies, consult on new market opportunities, and lead and implement department-wide training initiatives that help sales reps present the best solutions to prospective customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Developing and implementing a training program to help regional managers and sales reps analyze territory sales numbers which identify Inclusive Access prospects
• Assisting sales reps on campus with selling, presenting and strategizing
• Participating in or conducting presentations to administrators and faculty
• Identifying opportunities for and securing participation in Inclusive Access and other course-material affordability programs
• Establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with administrators at career colleges
• Promoting Norton’s college titles and courseware and winning new business within the career-college market
• Providing exemplary service and support to adopting institutions
• Identifying trends in online learning and collaborating with digital media, marketing, and sales groups to develop strategies for existing and forthcoming digital products and initiatives
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Qualifications & Requirements
• College textbook sales experience for a minimum of two (2) academic years
• A strong sales performance, including experience with and success in selling to committees
• Evidence of initiative-taking
• Strong writing, analytical, and presentation skills
• Ability to identify and analyze sales numbers and industry trends
• Evidence of general proficiency in presenting and implementing digital solutions
• An entrepreneurial spirit
• The position will require up to 40% overnight travel during the academic year in addition to academic meetings and Norton conferences
• BA/BS or equivalent is required
• Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years, in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.